In honor of my sister's new blog, in an effort to write more than just emails, and in an attempt to do something interesting in my life, this blog is back.
My goals:
- Write in the first person, active voice. I'm tired of writing "University policy states..." or "Compliance with department policy must be met" or "Thank you for your email. Have a pleasant day." I guess that last part isn't written in the passive voice, but it is me being passive aggressive. You can take your pleasant day and shove it up your...sorry, sorry. Be nice, Christina. Whoops, guess I just wrote in the third person.
- Get down right rhetorical. I miss researching about writing, and writing about what I'm researching. I miss gerunds too. Gerunding.
- Clinton and I
are trying towill be eating healthier, fresher, yummier food. Since I'm the half of the marriage that can shop at HEB during normal business hours, my responsibility is to buy good goods. As Clinton said, "Don't buy shit." Shit, my dear, will no longer be purchased.
The blog is dead. Long live the blog.
3 comments:
Glad that you are back! xo
Glad to be back! And I miss you! Let's lunch sometime soon. =)
Blogging is a good way to refresh the ol' grammar and writing skills. Sometimes I re-read my posts, and I'm all, "I ended that sentence with a preposition! Sheeeeeeeeiiiiiiii....."
Post a Comment